- Pedro Feliz 1/1- The former Phil signed his 09 Topps card from the Padres' AAA affiliate in Tucson. Sent 8/12 (19 days)
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Monday, August 29, 2011
- Cory Luebke 2/2- San Diego's rookie lefty signed cards from the 2011 Topps and Heritage sets in blue sharpie. Sent 6/27 (62 days)
Saturday, August 27, 2011
Had to get a little bit of graphing in before the crazy weather hit. I got free tickets to the second game of today's doubleheader, but that game looks like it's in serious jeopardy right now. I went down to Fenway this morning and didn't have much luck with the A's, just like last time. You can tell by the picture why I like the 09 Topps and not last year's, I don't use baby powder to prep my cards and for some reason the 2010 set always bubbles up on me.
- Brandon McCarthy- 09 Topps U&H
- Darnell McDonald- 10 Topps
- Andrew Miller- 09 Topps
Friday, August 26, 2011
Thursday, August 25, 2011
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
- Tom Gorzelanny 2/2- This is my second return from a Nationals pitcher in the past week. Tom signed 09 Topps U&H and 08 Allen & Ginter cards in black sharpie. I didn't realize he had a card in the 09 Topps base set until after I sent this out, so I'll have to re-send to him sometime next season. Sent 2/12 (192 days)
Saturday, August 20, 2011
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Last night the Lowell Spinners hosted the All-Star game for the short season single A league. I arrived late, so I missed the National League's signing and only managed to get the pitchers from the American League's signing. I don't do much minor league graphing, so I only had a few cards to get signed. I got most of the guys inside a free program that featured each of the all-stars from both leagues.
They gave out nice commemorative tickets, ticketholders, and posters after the game, and it was definitely the best weather I've had all summer to watch a baseball game. I was hoping that a few old timers would be floating around, but the only memorable person I noticed was Sergeant Mickey O'Keefe of "The Fighter", who happens to be a real cop in the Lowell area.
- Rich Gedman- 1988 Topps
- Garin Cecchini- 2011 Bowman
- American League All-Stars- 11 players in the All-Star program
Monday, August 15, 2011
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
I've gone through a bit of an autograph drought both TTM and IP recently, so on Saturday I decided to stock up on some canned goods and stop by Fenway to donate as part of their annual charity event. For 10 cans, you can pick a 5X7 photo card signed by a player on the team.
When I got there, a decent line had already formed. There are 3 booths set up around the stadium, but I got just enough cans for 2 photos. Last year, myself and many others bulked up on ramen noodles that counted as 1 item, but this year they caught on to our thriftiness and required 30 ramen packages for one auto, so I cut back on what I brought this year. I had my hopes set on getting Jacoby Ellsbury and Adrian Gonzalez. Last year I got J.D. Drew, Dustin Pedroia, and Josh Beckett.
Pictures of Gonzalez were already gone by the time I got to the front of the line, but I was still able to get autographs of Ellsbury and Youkilis. I hadn't gotten autos from either of those guys since I lived in Maryland a few years ago, so it was nice to add a few more to my collection.