- Jeff Karstens 1/1- I don't remember seeing this card or sending it out during ST, but after a long wait I received it back signed in black sharpie. This return finally puts me at a 50% success rate for spring training sendouts, and puts me just one card away from my goal for the 09 Topps set for this year. Sent 2/12 (227 days)
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Friday, September 23, 2011
My final Sox game of the regular season was also the last one at Fenway this year, so I took advantage of the extra day of vacation I had after my Ireland trip and went for some autos outside and inside the stadium. It was nice to get a few cards signed by Wieters before the season ended. Hopefully the Red Sox can hold on and make it into the playoffs to extend my autograph season for a few more weeks.
Outside the stadium:
- Matt Wieters- 08 Razor, 07 Tristar Pro Debut
- Jeremy Guthrie- 10 Topps
- Nolan Reimold- 09 Topps U&H RC Gold
- Josh Bell- custom Orioles logo card
- Larry Lucchino- blank card
- Chris Davis- 09 Allen & Ginter, 09 Topps
Thursday, September 22, 2011
While I was in Ireland, I went to see Frank Turner (acoustic folk/punk artist from the UK) at a show in Cork. I talked to him for a few minutes at the bar after his set, took a picture with him, and had him sign the cover art from his first album.
Here's a link to one of my favorite songs of his if you're interested:
Try This At Home- Frank Turner
Monday, September 12, 2011
It's always good to carry a sharpie no matter where you go. Just met Chara at the airport and he signed my Bruins championship hat. My flight to Ireland was delayed by 3 hours, but if it had been on time I wouldn't have got the auto. Good start to the trip!
Saturday, September 10, 2011
Friday, September 9, 2011
- Jeremy Guthrie 1/1- This was my 4th attempt trying to get this card knocked out for my set, and Jeremy finally came through with what I needed, personalizing his 09 Topps card in blue sharpie. The envelope was postmarked from Tampa, where the Orioles played over the weekend, so I guess Jeremy takes his mail along on road trips. Sent 7/13 (56 days)
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Sunday, September 4, 2011
With my trip to Ireland just a week away, I tried to get some graphing in over the past couple days. By the time I get back, I'll only have a series with Baltimore to get more autographs before the regular season ends. Yesterday I didn't realize the game time had changed until the early afternoon, so I didn't have time to catch players coming into the park. Today the area was swamped with dealers so I wasn't too successful.
Some of the dealers in the Boston area have gotten really aggressive and rude, shouting profanities at players when they don't sign. I wish there were more people that still just did this for fun and didn't take things so seriously, it reflects really poorly on the graphing community as a whole when certain individuals decide to act like idiots because they didn't get the chance to profit off of any of the big stars.
Saturday 9/3, Inside the stadium pre-game:
- David Murphy- 2011 Gypsy Queen
- Ron Washington- 1987 Topps
- Derek Holland- 09 Topps U&H RC, 09 Topps Ticket to Stardom RC
- Ron Washington- 2011 Heritage Rangers team card
- Yorvit Torrealba- 2010 Topps