- Brandon Morrow 3/3- It's nice to get a few more offseason returns rolling in as the World Series approaches. Brandon signed cards from the 09, 10, and 10 U&H Topps sets from Blue Jays spring training. Sent 2/12 (245 days)
Monday, October 17, 2011
Saturday, October 15, 2011
Friday, October 14, 2011
- Kevin Frandsen 2/2- I originally sent cards to Kevin at the Padres' spring training camp, but he ended up in the Phillies' farm system this year. He signed 09 and 10 Topps cards with a postmark from Phoenix, Arizona. Sent 3/8 (216 days)
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
- Troy Percival 1/1- A member of the 300 Saves Club, Troy signed his 09 Topps card from his home address in blue sharpie. With this card, I finally achieved my goal of getting to 220 cards for my set by the end of the year! Sent 6/3 (129 days)
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Thursday, October 6, 2011
I couldn't afford tickets to tonight's game, but I did head to the Garden for the pre-game festivities. While game 7 of last year's Stanley Cup Final played on a big screen along the outside wall of the arena, various carnival games and freebies stretched out alongside the North Station terminal. Finally, the cup was paraded down Canal Street atop a Boston Ladder 1 fire truck. This was followed by a procession through military and police officers, arms outstretched with white hockey sticks to form a tunnel leading into the Garden.
The NHL Network had a booth set up with two Bruins alumni, so I got a few free photos. It was a good way to start what should be another great season of hockey.
- Reggie Lemelin- personalized 8X10
- Ken Linseman- personalized 8X10