Thursday, April 8, 2010

4 Returns: Baseball Season is Upon Us!


My Spring Training success rate continues to climb as a few players have gotten around to their fan mail from the past few months.

  • Lyle Overbay 1/2- Sent 2/20 (43 days)
  • Chris Volstad 2/2- Sent 2/12 (52 days)
  • Adam Jones 3/3- One of my favorite non-Red Sox players. A great young talent with a big future in store, and definitely one of the more fan-friendly players in the game right now. Sent 2/15 (51 days)
  • Kila Ka'Aihue 2/2- Sent 2/17 (49 days)

Spring Training Success Rate: 32/73 (43%)


I was fortunate enough to go to Opening Day at Fenway on Sunday. The pre-game ceremonies were great, and the game was especially exciting. This was my first Opening Day in over 20 years, and hopefully I'll be able to go annually now that I'm living back in the Boston area. I was hoping that the fresh start of a new season would mean great autograph opportunities before the game outside the stadium, but almost no one stopped to sign. I was fortunate enough to get Daniel Bard on a Topps card he had signed less than 2 weeks prior through the mail, but now I have one without a personalization for my collection.

  • Daniel Bard- 2009 Topps Updates & Highlights RC

No comments:

Post a Comment