Thursday, May 27, 2010

2009 Topps Updates & Highlights Box Review


I got a great deal on a hobby box of 2009 Topps Updates & Highlights on ebay in hopes of completing the set. I could have purchased the complete set for $20, but I figured I'd spend an extra $15 to have some fun opening packs. The box contained 36 packs with 10 cards per pack. Each pack contained one Topps Town card, none of which are worth mentioning here.

Here's what I got:

  • Topps Chrome Refractor (Box Topper): Josh Reddick
  • Turkey Red: Ryan Dempster, Randy Johnson, Jake Peavy, Jermaine Dye, Jorge Posada, Koji Uehara RC, David Price RC, Rick Porcello RC, Gordon Beckham RC
  • Ring of Honor: Walter Johnson, Honus Wagner, Johnny Mize, Miguel Cabrera, Christy Mathewson, Pee Wee Reese
  • Gold Parallel: Randy Wells, Neftali Feliz RC, Nolan Reimold RC, Brad Bergesen RC, Matt Stairs, Brian Moehler, Chris Getz, Scott Rolen, Sean West, Mark Teixeira, Jeremy Reed, Ortiz/Rodriguez "Dominican Dandies"
  • Black Parallel: Ivan Rodriguez #10/50
  • Propaganda Poster: Joe Mauer, Adrian Gonzalez, Manny Ramirez, Hunter Pence, Zack Greinke, Carlos Quentin
  • Legends of the Game Updates: Juan Marichal, Frank Robinson, Paul Molitor, Rogers Hornsby, Johnny Mize
  • Base Card SP Variation: Jimmie Foxx
  • Topps Silk Collection: Brad Penny #26/50
  • All-Star Jersey Card: Jayson Werth #1/50

I don't buy boxes very often, but I'm very pleased with how this one turned out. Who knew that Juan Marichal played for the Red Sox? As a Sox fan, it was nice to get the Reddick, Mize, and Penny cards all in one box. The silk cards are really cool, regardless of the player.

I'll work on putting the cards in order later tonight, hopefully I'll have a complete set when I add them to my other cards from the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment