Thursday, September 9, 2010

Rays @ Red Sox, 9/8



I took a half day at work to go for autographs before the game yesterday. The crowds weren't as bad as Monday, but there was still a decent crowd waiting for the Rays. Here's how I did outside the stadium:

  • Chad Qualls- 09 Topps
  • Brad Hawpe- 10 National Chicle
  • Wade Davis- 10 Topps
  • Ben Zobrist- 09 Topps U&H, 09 Topps U&H All-Stars, and personalized bible card
As I was walking back towards the Kenmore T station to go home, I saw a couple with an extra ticket and bought a grandstand seat for $20. I hadn't scored any big names during the series and was determined to get someone inside. It was definitely worth buying the ticket to the game, as I received the following autographs:

  • Desmond Jennings- team baseball
  • Evan Longoria- 09 Topps Postseason Highlights


I love that Longoria continues to sign consistently inside the stadium, as I got him around this time last year as well. Zobrist is also very generous and friendly to anyone that stops to say hello. The season's winding down, but fortunately I made the most of this Rays series and plan to do the same for the Yankees at the beginning of October.

1 comment: