Monday, January 18, 2010

Red Sox Rookie Development Signing, 1/18

I arrived at the signing just as it was starting around 3:30. They held it at a Best Buy down the street from Fenway. It was a little crowded, but I was able to buy my ticket, wait in line, and get out within an hour. For a $10 donation to the Red Sox Foundation, I received autographs of the following players:

  • Randor Bierd
  • Kyle Weiland
  • Casey Kelly
  • Yamaico Navarro
  • Jose Iglesias
  • Ryan Kalish
  • Che-Suan Lin
  • Junichi Tazawa
  • Luis Exposito
  • Felix Doubront
  • Jim Lonborg
It was a great surprise to see Jim Lonborg at this event. He inscribed '67 Cy Young on my Fenway Park Green Monster sign. I had Randor Bierd sign a 2008 Upper Deck SP card, and got everyone else on the Green Monster sign.

It was a quick but fun autograph signing, and the money went to a good cause. It feels good to get back into the signing spirit with only about a month left until Spring Training begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment