Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Fenway Park Can Drive, 8/6


I've gone through a bit of an autograph drought both TTM and IP recently, so on Saturday I decided to stock up on some canned goods and stop by Fenway to donate as part of their annual charity event. For 10 cans, you can pick a 5X7 photo card signed by a player on the team.

When I got there, a decent line had already formed. There are 3 booths set up around the stadium, but I got just enough cans for 2 photos. Last year, myself and many others bulked up on ramen noodles that counted as 1 item, but this year they caught on to our thriftiness and required 30 ramen packages for one auto, so I cut back on what I brought this year. I had my hopes set on getting Jacoby Ellsbury and Adrian Gonzalez. Last year I got J.D. Drew, Dustin Pedroia, and Josh Beckett.

Pictures of Gonzalez were already gone by the time I got to the front of the line, but I was still able to get autographs of Ellsbury and Youkilis. I hadn't gotten autos from either of those guys since I lived in Maryland a few years ago, so it was nice to add a few more to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment