Monday, April 23, 2012

2012 Gypsy Queen Pack Break

Last year's debut of Gypsy Queen didn't last long, as it sold out in my local shop after just a few weeks.  Over the course of that time, the price shot up from around $5/pack to $8.50.  Luckily I picked up this year's offering early enough that it's still $5 each, but we'll see how long that lasts.  I bought 6 packs, and despite a beautiful design and card style, I didn't get anything thrilling.  That is, until I opened the final pack.


The only insert cards I pulled were from the "Sliding Stars" set, which is a nice variation on the "Wall Climbers" set from last year.


Of the five mini cards I received, three were normal backs, while Joe DiMaggio and Lonnie Chisenhall featured the Gypsy Queen back parallel.


As I was writing this entry, I stumbled upon Sports Card Radio, which features a visual gallery of all of the SP's from this year's set.


After using the website listed above, I realized I had SP variations of Ian Kinsler and Miguel Cabrera.  I also found out that my big pull from the final pack was even better when I discovered it was an SP as well.


FenwayFrank's Fresh Find: 
Robinson Cano Framed Mini Magenta Printing Plate SP Variation #1/1 

 

1 comment: