Monday, August 2, 2010

Lake Monsters @ Spinners, 8/1


Sunday was Heidi Watney day at LeLacheur Park, and I've never seen a Single A team draw such a huge crowd. Heidi was on hand to throw out the first pitch and sign autographs, plus the first 1,000 guests received a bobblehead of her. I wasn't really going all out for autos since I don't have much in the way of minor league cards, but I got a few here and there. Here's how I did:

  • Heidi Watney- Signed on the base of the bobblehead
  • Kolbrin Vitek- The newest #1 draft pick for the Sox signed my souvenir program
  • Seth Schwindenhammer- souvenir program
  • Jay Broughton- souvenir program
  • David Renfroe- souvenir program
  • Bryce Brentz- souvenir program
  • Nick Robinson- souvenir program
  • Jose Iglesias- The top shortstop prospect for the Sox was on rehab assignment in Lowell, and sweet spotted a NY-Penn league ball for me.
Around the 8th inning, my girlfriend and I were awarded with a free pizza dinner from a place in Lowell for being a couple with Red Sox gear on. With all the promotions and giveaways at minor league games, it's hard not to come out on top in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment