Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Pack Pull Auto: Chris Getz


As I anxiously await returns from spring training, I got a little surprise in a pack of 2011 Topps jumbo that I purchased a few days ago. When I typically pull autos from packs, I end up getting signatures of players that are either backup catchers/utility infielders, or have a very short/lousy signature. Just my luck, I got both in one card! According to the card, Chris Getz is 6th on the list of "Highest AL Avg. from the No. 7 Spot in Batting Order, 2009-10". Other players on the list include Mike Lowell, Robinson Cano, Adrian Beltre, and Hideki Matsui. I got the short end of the stick on this one, but at least it's an autograph. I know alot of people complain about the sticker autographs that Topps slaps on many of its products, but I think the shiny rainbow foil makes the signature pop a little bit more, even if the "signature" is just a "CG".

No comments:

Post a Comment