Friday, January 6, 2012

The Last Auto of 2011: Dicky Barrett (Mighty Mighty Bosstones)


It's been quite a slow time for autographs in this neck of the woods, but I got to meet a big personality in the ska/punk music world last week at a meet-and-greet in downtown Boston. The Mighty Mighty Bosstones have a series of "Hometown Throwdown" shows each year around Christmas time, but I still haven't had the chance to see them live. I decided to swing by McGreevy's (a bar owned by fellow Boston rockers the Dropkick Murphys) after work last Friday, and arrived to a packed bar with what vaguely resembled a line inching towards the back of the room. I waited in "line" for over 45 minutes, and it didn't seem like there was any sort of movement or progress. Some of the band members had already left for the venue for the show that night by the time I got to the front, but I still managed to get frontman Dicky Barrett on the CD cover of their newest album. I was hoping he'd sign the front of the album in blue sharpie, but he used his own black marker and signed it on the inside cover. My camera was dead so I didn't get a picture with him, but he didn't seem all that friendly anyways. A graph's a graph, I guess.

Here's to hoping for a year filled with autographs in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment