Friday, April 13, 2012

Tek & Eck: Opening Day at Fenway, Post-Game



When I left work today, the score was 4-1 with the Red Sox leading in the top of the 8th inning. About 35 minutes later when I arrived at Fenway, the game was still in the 8th, with the Sox racking up 8 runs against the Rays bullpen before the inning was over. Here's what I got:

  • Wade Davis- 12 Topps
  • Sean Rodriguez- 09 Topps
  • Dennis Eckersley- 01 Fleer Beantown's Best
  • Jason Varitek- 09 Topps

Varitek was definitely the highlight of the day. While his taxi/limo/SUV was waiting at the traffic light outside the stadium, he rolled down his passenger side window and signed a few before the car drove off. The only time I got Eckersley last year was on Opening Day, so that makes two in a row now. I'll be back at it again tomorrow afternoon as the Rays come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment