Sunday, June 10, 2012

Nationals @ Red Sox, 6/10






The Bryce Harper Memorial Half-Mile Marathon at Fenway Park

I really don't do much minor league graphing, and I had never encountered Bryce Harper. Despite all the stories I've heard about him, I kept an open mind and remained hopeful when his cab rolled up. After running at least 3/4 of the perimeter of Fenway to chase his cab, he still turned down the 4 or 5 people that were able to keep up with him. I'm sure he paid the cabbie a nice tip to watch us scramble across the entire stadium for nothing, making U-turns and stopping/starting at almost every gate at Fenway. Now I know what the Bryce Harper experience is all about.

Strasburg didn't sign coming in either, but I was happy to get Gio and Ryan Zimmerman. I wasn't familiar with most of the guys on the team, so I missed Tyler Moore and Craig Stamen because no one could ID them until after the fact. Ryan Z, Lidge, and Nady came together in the same cab and they all signed.

  • Gio Gonzalez- 09 Topps
  • Mike Morse- 08 Topps
  • Ryan Zimmerman- 06 Topps Heritage RC
  • Xavier Nady- 11 Topps Heritage
  • Brad Lidge- 11 Gypsy Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment