Saturday, March 19, 2011

3 Spring Training Returns: Newhan, Saunders, & Rodney


*Update*: I just found this great article on Newhan on Yahoo! Sports. It's an interesting read to see the challenges he's overcome to make it back into baseball.


  • David Newhan 1/1- I sent this card to Phillies spring training a few weeks ago because I thought Newhan was a player-coach with the team, but it was RTS'ed after several days. I did a little more research and realized he signed a minor league deal with the Padres during the winter, so I re-sent and received his 09 Topps card signed in blue sharpie. Sent 3/8 (11 days)
  • Michael Saunders 2/3- The young Mariners outfielder signed his 09 Topps U&H and 2010 National Chicle. Sent 2/18 (29 days)
  • Fernando Rodney 2/2- The Angels flamethrower signed 2009 and 2010 Topps cards in black sharpie. Sent 3/8 (11 days)

No comments:

Post a Comment