Friday, March 16, 2012

2012 Topps Heritage Pack Break


I picked up my first few packs of this year's Heritage today. I didn't pull anything too exciting, but I like the look of the cards. The set is based on the '63 Topps this year, which is much more colorful than last year's ('62 Topps) offering. I like the action photo bubble at the bottom of each card, especially since it seems like most modern day sets lack multiple photos on each card.

I usually don't care for non-baseball cards in these sets, but I was pleased to find an insert card of Alcatraz. If you haven't checked out the TV show of the same name, do it. Sam Neil plays a similar role to his character in Jurassic Park, except instead of dinosaurs, he's dealing with the Rock's most notorious criminals coming back from the dead (sorta).

I bought five packs of Heritage ($3.50 per pack), and these were the notable cards I pulled:
  • Frank Francisco- Short print base card
  • Alcatraz- '63 News Flashbacks
  • Dustin Pedroia- Chrome Parallel #1744/1963
  • Ryan Howard- Chrome Refractor Parallel #140/563

No comments:

Post a Comment